Friday 16 October 2009

Aims & Context

I aim to create a short three minute scene from my imagined film which is titled . The scene itself will be a montage of the protagonist of the film enduring giving up drug use. The genre of my film is drama, it is a serious comment on drug abuse. The full story of my film is to be found in my synopsis.

I want it to look and feel gritty, in the style of typical gritty British films which are in the style of social realism, such as Kudulthood (Menjaj Huda, 2006) and Trainspotting (Danny Boyle, 1996), which looks back to the tradition of social realist films in British cinema, examples such as Saturday Night, Sunday Morning (Karel Reisz, 1960), Kes (Ken Loach, 1970) and more comtempory films, such as Sweet Sixteen (Ken Loach, 1999). It will appeal to a maturing audience that are of college age, - 18 onwards. The audience will have a mature intellectual level, to be able to appreciate that the film is a comment on drug use in a negative attitude. It will appeal to young men mostly as it's not often young women are attracted to realistic films about drug abuse.

I aim to use the skills and techniques learned in FM1 to create a scene from my film, fully demonstrating my capabilities and skills in mise-en-scene and cinematography. I will direct, film and edit the film myself. I will not be acting in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment